What is a wok?
The wok is a kind of cooking tool in China. It is characterized by a large opening at the top and a round bottom. Since the food in southern China is mostly small stir-fry, the wok is designed with a handle to facilitate frying. Since food sticks to the pan during cooking, some woks have a Teflon coating or ceramic coating to prevent the food from sticking to the pan.
How to use the wok?
The wok is easily damaged. Therefore, when using a wok, you must pay attention to the following seven points:
1. The newly purchased wok should be brushed with a harder brush; there are fine pores and water absorption on the wall of the wok. The wok can be filled with water and placed for 3 to 5 minutes, then washed and dried for later use. But it should be noted that the soaking time should not be too long. Before putting the wok on the fire, wipe off the water on the outside of the wok. When using a newly purchased wok for the first time, it is best to use it to cook porridge, or use it to boil thick rice water to block the fine pores of the casserole and prevent water seepage.
2. When using a wok to boil soup or stew, put water in the wok first, and then put the wok on the fire, first use a slow fire, then use a strong fire; when the wok is cooking things, if there is less soup in the pot , You need to add water, do not add cold water, warm water or hot water should be added; at the same time, the soup in the pot should not overflow to prevent the outside of the pot from being exposed to water and bursting.
3. If you are heating with a coal stove, prevent the bottom of the wok from competing with the coal.
4. The frying pan is brittle and easy to break, so it should be handled with care.
5. The hot wok that has just been used up is best placed on an iron frame or a dry wooden board or straw mat. Do not put it on wet ground, ceramic tiles or concrete floors, otherwise the temperature will change suddenly and the wok will burst easily.
6. Do not use a wok to boil viscous foods.
7. If the inner wall of the wok is colored, it is not suitable to store wine, vinegar, acidic beverages and food.
8. The material of the wok is special, so wait until the wok cools down before cleaning. And it can’t be soaked with detergent to avoid the sewage from infiltrating into the pores of the wok, and it can’t be washed off. The washed wok must not be put away until the moisture is completely dry, otherwise it may grow black spot mold.